Relais 500 de Vienne
A true replica of a 1960s US motel, Relais 500 de Vienne lets you relive the retro atmosphere of the legendary National 7. The hotel, a Logis de France, is ideally located in Chonas l’Amballan, at the gateway to Lyon and is easily accessible from the A7 motorway.
Peaceful, green surroundings as a backdrop, combined with the gastronomic discovery of our local products, the Relais 500 de Vienne is the ideal hotel for your evening stopovers or your getaways, whether alone or with the family. It is also a place full of history that we would like to share with you.
Outdoor Swimming Pool
History of the Relais 500 de Vienne
With the facility increasing in capacity, the main building saw the addition of a dining room. An 18m x 6m swimming pool also appeared to the delight of young and old.
In “the heyday” according to my parents, with a faithful clientele, the Motel became too small. The choice was made: my parents decided to add 18 rooms, which would be created in 1978, making the total number of rooms 36. A change in the brand name followed, and “Motel KM 500” became “Relais 500 de Vienne.”
- 1986, included in “Logis de France”
- 1992, I officially started working with my parents
- 1996, the arrival of Bryan Courant, who would eventually come to help us in 2014
- 1999 kitchen redesigned and upgraded
- 2002 and 2003 total renovation of motel rooms, with rooms and bathrooms redesigned, and air conditioning was installed in each room
- 2003 the arrival of Kendrick Courant who will come to help us in 2020
- 2014 Bryan Courant returned to the kitchen with his newly acquired diploma (3rd generation)
- 2007 Reception desk, seminar rooms, and their access ways renovated. Fire safety standards implemented.
- 2009 Air conditioning and LCD TVs installed in the hotel building. At the same time, the Motel turns 50 years old.
- 2010 Dining room renovated.
- 2011 18 hotel rooms and bathrooms renovated, double-glazed windows installed, and corridors renovated.
- 2012 Bar renovated.
- 2013 Motel rooms renovated.
- 2014 Exterior renovated.
- 2015 Nationale 7 entry redeveloped.
Our family has been in this house for 47 years. So you can understand if we are attached to it. History will decide if Bryan or Kendrick will want to follow suit and carry on the family tradition. Ideas and projects never fail to continue to illustrate the peaceful saga of this local institution, under the benevolent eyes of my father and my mum, who monitor me from their paradise.
And yet there are plenty of projects to come in 2016 to celebrate the 50 years, or a half-century, of our family being at the head of this magnificent establishment.